Sloth is a Mac application that displays all open files and sockets in use by all running processes on your system. This makes it easy to inspect which apps are using which files and sockets.
- View all open files, directories, IP sockets, devices, unix sockets and pipes
- Filter by access mode, volume, type, location, or using regular expressions
- Sort by name, process ID, user etc.
- View IP socket status, protocol and version
- View sockets and pipes established between processes
- Inspection window with detailed macOS and unix file/socket info
- Powerful contextual menu for file operations
- In-app authentication to run with root privileges
Sloth is free, open source software and has a home on GitHub. If you find this program useful, please make a donation.
You can download the latest app binary here:
Sloth is essentially a friendly, exploratory GUI built on top of the
lsof command line tool. The output of lsof is parsed and shown in a searchable, filterable outline view with all sorts of additional user-friendly functionality. See screenshots below.